Digital marketing is a large umbrella. Online advertising is not as simple as it sounds. It is crucial to have a clear understanding of digital marketing jargons and strategies to get the best out of digital marketing. The key here is to lure the audience to find your business by creating catchy and engaging content. Content can be blogs, articles, videos, e-books, newsletters, etc. It will help your business to increase its brand awareness and also attract new audiences. By implementing the right digital marketing strategies, businesses will be able to collect data and get insights into their user’s behavioural patterns, helping your business to provide the relevant solutions to your targeted audience. As a result, your business will have a bigger and better ROIs.
Digital marketing helps companies to know their customers better by giving them crucial insights about their audience. Due to which businesses can provide relevant solutions to a customer’s needs. It allows brands to be more customer-centric, build credibility and increase their reputation in the market.
STILL NOT CONNIVED? HERE ARE 4 BIG PROBLEMS THAT DIGITAL MARKETING SOLVES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Digital marketing has been a game-changer for many businesses. It has helped them overcome some of the major problems faced by a growing business.
1) Problem: We don’t know our audience well: A business must know its audience. Digital marketing helps you develop a better understanding of the buyer’s journey, aligning your business with your audience’s needs. After all, you cannot sell baby products to a 70-year-old! It helps you to create personalized content which makes your customers feel more connected to your services or products.
2) Problem: We can’t get enough leads: According to HubSpot, approximately 60% of businesses find it tough to generate leads and traffic. With digital marketing strategies like search engine optimization, pay-per-click, not only are they can attract more traffic on their website but are also able to get better leads. It allows the business to be exposed to a larger mass of people in a very cost-effective manner.
3) Problem: We cannot measure growth: For any business, it is important to measure their performance and evaluate themselves. Digital marketing not only helps you grow your business it also helps you analyze how your business is growing. Tools like HubSpot, Google Analytics, you to see a clear picture of your marketing efforts. As a result, you’re able to better the weaker departments or functionalities.
4) Problem: We want to grow beyond our location: Since you’re advertising your business online, your business can expose itself beyond geographical parameters. As a result, you will be able to engage with a global audience and grow beyond a particular region at a pocket-friendly price. Having your business online gives you an added advantage of a 24/7 service. It increases your brand’s awareness globally.
Now that you know, how digital marketing helps solve your business problems. Let’s understand the frequent term we have been using in this article: “Digital Marketing Strategy.”
WHAT IS A DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY?
A digital marketing strategy is nothing but a blueprint of how a business will meet its marketing goals through various online channels like search optimization, social media ads and more. A digital marketing strategy allows you to introduce your products or services to your targeted audience through websites, social media and engage them with your business.
HERE ARE 7 IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF A SUCCESSFUL DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
Digital marketing has various channels and touchpoints that enables a business to engage better. It is crucial to have a clear understanding of the terminologies to derive the best results.
Paid Search: Paid search aka pay-per-click is an online marketing strategy, where ads are placed strategically on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bings and on social media platforms as a post on your feed, banners and more to attract visitors to your website. Every time that some clicks on the ad, the advertiser pays a specific amount. In short, you are buying “traffic” instead of generating it organically. It can be concentrated according to location, age group, keywords and other factors which enable a business to generate relevant leads. It’s trackable, meaning you exactly know how your ads are performing. It is a pretty cost-effective and quick way to boost traffic, generate leads and increase sales to drive your business.
Search engine optimization (SEO): Search engine optimization aka SEO, is one of the most cost-effective digital marketing strategies. It helps you grow your business organically. It is a process where content is optimized using specific keywords and technical set up such that a website ranks higher on search engine results. A good SEO is always Google-friendly, helping potential clients and customers to find your website. (business) As a result, you improve your website’s traffic in terms of quality and quantity. Search optimization is crucial for businesses today as more than 80% of potential customers start their buyer’s journey by searching for a product or a service. Unlike PPC, you don’t have to spend much to grow your business. However, growing organically takes time. Don’t expect it to show you results in a day or two! You have to be patient with SEO to see it’s ripe fruits. SEO is an impactful and cost-effective digital marketing strategy for any business in the long run.
Content marketing: It is a process of creating and distributing “valuable” and “relevant” content to attract a specific or targeted audience in such a way that it drives sales and increases engagement and customer action. It not only promotes your business but also helps you to educate your audience about products or services you are providing as a business. The content could be in various formats: Infographics, articles, videos, podcasts, e-books, etc. Content plays an important role in the effectiveness of other strategies be it SEO or social media. It makes your audience aware of products & services through informative and engaging content. It increases awareness, improves conversion rates, builds strong credibility and trust in the market. An effective content marketing strategy is vital in this modern time of self-directed buyers.
Social media marketing: Social media is a powerful medium in the current date and time. Almost, everyone today is actively using various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn. These platforms help your business to interact and engage better with your targeted audience. An added benefit of social media is that it helps your business to provide better customer services and reach out to your customers instantly. As a result, your customers are not only happy but also satisfied with your services. Remember a happy customer is the best carrier of your services or products. Also, it exposes your brand to a bigger mass audience which may lead to new business generating opportunities.
Email marketing: Email marketing is one of the most important marketing strategies to endorse your products & services, reach out to customers in a personalized manner and achieve your business goals efficiently. It is quick, simple and pocket-friendly. However, spamming someone’s inbox won’t get you anything. Therefore, the key is to draft strategic emails in such a way that is short and simple yet engaging and conversational.
Mobile marketing: Smartphones have become an integral part of our lifestyle. From bedroom to washroom, we carry our mobile phones everywhere. Mobile-friendliness is an important factor business should consider while marketing your services or products through various advertising platforms like social media, website, email, apps. It makes information readily accessible to your customers, allowing you to engage your customers instantly. In recent times, mobile marketing plays a very important role in increasing traffic, improving brand awareness, and building a successful brand among other business goals in today’s world.
Marketing automation: As we are moving in the future, automation is becoming an integral part of our life. In the same way automation in marketing is a crucial part of digital marketing today. It helps you to streamline your marketing workflow, provide better assistance to customer’s queries. It allows you to measure growth and effectively keep a track of ROIs. It allows you to tap into a user’s behaviour, helping to grow your business relatively faster and better. It enables your business to align with your sales and marketing goals.
WHY SHOULD BUSINESSES CHOOSE DIGITAL MARKETING?
- Worldwide reach: It allows your business to have a global reach which enables you to reach out to more people regardless of geographical limitations.
- Cost-effective: A well structured and planned digital campaign can help your business to reach their audiences at a pocket-friendly rate.
- Measurable growth: Digital marketing enables your business to measure the growth and effectiveness of a campaign over time through web analytics and other metrics. It gives you insights about users allowing you to have a better understanding of your audience.
- Get personal: It helps you to collect data and information from your customers which allows you to deliver personalized content due to which your audience feels more connected to services or products. As a result, you increase your brand reputation in the market.
- Build a stronger customer base: Digital marketing helps you to engage with your customers, provide better customer support, and always be available for your customer. As a result, you create a loyal fan base and increase your credibility in the market.
- Social currency – Digital marketing helps you to express ideas in various forms i.e. images, videos, articles, etc. allowing your business to keep your audience busy. As a result, people will share it with other people- exposing your business to a bigger pool of opportunities.
- Higher conversion rates: With digital marketing, everything is available at a click. It helps your customer to reach out to your business instantly. Also the call to action in websites, social media posts exactly tells the customers “what do next?” As a result, your website will have higher conversion rates, improving your sales and growth of your business.
Dreamsdesign is one of the top digital marketing companies in Vadodara. Our innovative digital marketing strategies help your business to grow exponentially in the virtual space. We help your business to achieve its marketing, advertising and brand reputation goals in no time at the best prices. Our digital marketing service includes SEO, email marketing, social media campaigns, brand management and more. Our digital marketing services are the best in the market because it’s our business to grow your business online and we take it seriously and do it passionately.